(If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it here.)
NEXT MEETING: AUGUST 6, 2012
WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEETING
- Name tag
- Block party block
- Door prizes for names beginning with C, F or G
As I was thinking today about how hot and dry it is, I thought about Christmas. Crazy! But all the crafters and quilters know that if you want a Christmas project for the coming season you better get started soon. I hope lots of you are beginning to think about ideas. We all look forward to seeing the finished projects.
Our birthday celebration was nice as always. Thank you to the group of ladies that put the work into it to make it happen. It’s an honor to be a member of the Grand Prairie Quilt Guild. Happy sewing!
- Marty Staten … August 4
- Ruth Goodman … August 9
- Nancy Conner … August 17
- Judy Meador … August 23
Our Fall Retreat will be in Weatherford on October 19-21. If you are interested in going, the cost is the same as usual, $40 per night plus tax, 2 night total is $85.60. A deposit of $40 will hold your place. Space usually fills fast and is limited to the first 12 to sign up.
Our August 6 program will be a Charity Program. We will be making fleece blankets forChildren’s Medical Center. The fleece will be provided. All you need to bring is a good pair of big scissors.
FOOD & CLOTHING CO-OP
We collected 126 lbs. of food at our July meeting for the Grand Prairie Food & Clothing Co-Op. We also raised $94.22 at our auction that will be donated to the Co-Op.
TAQG RALLY DAY
If you missed Rally Day, you missed a good time. The speaker was Pam Bono of Pam Bono Designs. She had a great trunk show with lots of inspiring quilts. The best part was that most of her patterns are pieced. They look like lots of applique, but for the most part they are pieced. They announced the date for next year, and it will be the same weekend, Saturday, July 13. Mark your calendars now!
Beginning balance … 1385.01
Eddlemon’s BBQ … (150.00)
Ending balance … 1235.01
- Our meeting began with a birthday dinner from Eddlemon’s BBQ which we all enjoyed. Following dinner, Jane Lamb called the meeting to order.
- We have one July birthday – Barbara Burnaugh.
- Please remember Elisabeth as she has had a medical procedure and is in the healing process.
- The minutes were approved as printed in the newsletter. Treasurer Debi Cypert reported a beginning balance of $1,385.01 less the $150 check for our dinner leaving a balance in the bank of $1,235.01.
- Shirley reported 18 members present with no visitors.
- Door prizes were won by Jane, Janice, and Michelle. We also had 2 tickets to the Fort Worth Quilt show which were given to Janis and Shara.
- Michelle reported that 8 are signed up for the October retreat which will be held on October 19–21. The deposit is $40 and there are 4 openings. Michelle also reported for Elisabeth that 9 members attended the June workshop and Michelle will take any blankets brought to the meeting tonight. We will have a final count of the blankets made at our next meeting.
- Marty won 12 blocks in the block of the month drawing. Patterns for next month were handed out.
- There was no new business. Old business – Sue Taylor reminded the membership of Rally Day which will be held on July 14th. She and Michelle are planning to go and if anyone else would like to attend, the event is free with our membership card. However, if one would like to buy lunch, Sue needs to know tonight.
- Show & tell – Michelle, Debi, Janis, and Marty.
- Michelle announced that next month we will make fleece blankets for charity. She has purchased the fleece ($90) and Elisabeth has purchased the fleece for backings for the workshop blankets. Grace moved, and Debi seconded, that we reimburse Michelle and Elisabeth for the fleece. Discussion was held and the motion passed. Michelle also mentioned that we need to think of ways to keep our treasury from going to -0-. Discussion will be held on the treasury at a later date.
- Tonight, we had an auction of items brought by members. The proceeds of the auction will go to the GP Food and Clothing Co-op along with the food brought tonight.
- Following the auction, the meeting was adjourned.
AUGUST BLOCK PARTY
Pattern is on pages 3 of the newsletter.