(If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it here.)
NEXT MEETING: DEC. 3, 2012
WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEETING
- Name tag
- Block party block
What an exciting year we have had. We have enjoyed great programs, superb workshops and did an amazing job with charity quilts. Hats off to a great group of ladies!
Wishing each of you and your families a blessed Thanksgiving. Safe travels for those who are on the road. It’s way too soon for this but here goes: Merry Christmas to all and Happy Quilting!
Hope to see everyone at the December meeting.
- Shirley Lewis … December 15
- Michelle Rodriguez … December 15
Our spring retreat is set for Friday, May 17 through Sunday, May 19. Cost is $40 per night plus tax and if you want to go, a $40 deposit will reserve your space.
This is the logo design for the Guild shirt selected by majority vote online:
Don’t forget if you have perfect attendance for the 2012 year, you will be entered into a drawing at the December meeting for a free 2013 membership.
Our December program will be our Christmas party.
Everyone should bring a potluck dish to share. Officers and committee chairs should
bring drinks. Jane will bring ice. We will also be collecting canned goods for the
Grand Prairie Food and Clothing Co-Op. We will have a gift exchange after our business meeting. Everyone should bring a $5 – $10 new QUILTING/SEWING related item. This can be a gift card to Joann’s or a favorite quilt shop; sewing/quilting notions; fat quarters; notecards; coasters, etc.
The following slate of officers was presented at the November meeting and were voted in as the 2013 officers:
President: Jane Lamb
1st VP, Programs: Nancy Conner, Janis Hill
2nd VP, Workshops: Elisabeth McMahon
Secretary: Margaret Alsup
Treasurer: Debi Cypert
PEPPERMINT TABLE RUNNER WORKSHOP
Included in the newsletter (on page 3) are the fabric requirements for the tablerunner workshop on Saturday, December 8th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Although the pattern calls for 2 fat quarters for applique, your pattern pieces are not nearly that big. Elisabeth recommends bringing some Christmas scraps as well; you may find something you can use there. Or, you can of course not do the applique at all.
Beginning balance … 1111.08
Dues … 20.00
Pins … 10.00
Ending balance … 1141.08
- Jane called the meeting to order and said ‘Happy Birthday’ to Janice Overton who is our only birthday this month. Jane invited Janice to pick her fat quarter and also invited any one who had missed their birthday month to come get a fat quarter.
- Remembrances: Shara’s daughter (also Janis’ granddaughter) is in the hospital so please remember that family in your prayers.
- The minutes were approved as printed in the newsletter and were filed for audit. The Treasurer’s Report was given by Michelle as Debi was unable to attend. Beginning balance was $1,111.08 with a deposit of $20 for an ending balance of $1,131.08. The report was approved and filed for audit.
- We had 17 members present tonight.
- Door prizes were won by Carol, Marty, and Michelle.
- All 10 ladies who signed up for the October retreat were able to attend. The next retreat will be May 17 – 19, 2013, so get your deposit in if you want to attend.
- Our next workshop will be on December 8th at 9 a m. We will have a potluck lunch so bring something to share. The fabric requirements are in the newsletter.
- Lillie won the Block of the Month drawing. We will use patterns from the Midlothian Quilt Shop next year and colors will be specified.
- Jane reported for Sue T. that we need to start on goody bags for Rally Day 2013. We are also asked to give one door prize basket with a value of $50 to $75.
- Old Business: We discussed guild t-shirts/polos and will vote online for which type we want. We are also balloting on the logo for the shirts, so please vote your choice before November 15th. Barbara and Michelle volunteered to meet and decide on a wall hanging for the Church.
- Michelle presented the slate of officers for 2013 brought from the nominating committee:
- President – Jane; 1st VP – Nancy and Janis; 2nd VP – Elisabeth; Secretary – Margaret; Treasurer – Debi. The slate was elected by the membership.
- Show and Tell: Jane, Margaret, Michelle, and Grace. Carol also presented a quilt to Ruth which Ruth won in the drawing of the Genealogy Society.
- Our December meeting will be installation of officers and a potluck dinner. Please bring non-perishables for the GP Food and Clothing Co-op as well as a gift valued $5 to $10 which is quilt related for our gift exchange.
- Following our program on needles, the meeting was adjourned.
DECEMBER BLOCK PARTY
Use your stash of Christmas fabrics and make your favorite block (12 1/2 inches unfunished).