(If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it here.)
NEXT MEETING: DECEMBER 2, 2013
WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEETING
- Name tag
- Block party block
- Program items
Shirley Lewis … December 15
Michelle Rodriguez … December 15
HoHoHo! It’s almost time for Christmas. I’m sure some of us are still sewing that binding on a gift or still piecing that last table runner. Hopefully everyone has all their projects almost done if not finished. I tend to be one of those who gets an insane idea that I can get one more project finished at the last minute. Sometimes I can, but other times it gets put in the “I’ll finish that later stack”. I hope you are able to finish what you set out to do. I know you can. We have so many talented ladies in our guild.
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to all. And of course, Happy Quilting!
DUES ARE DUE
Dues for 2014 are due at the January meeting. Regular members are $20 and $15 for those 65 and older.
- Jane called the meeting to order at 7:05 and welcomed everyone.
- Birthdays for November are Janice Overton and Vickie Bramblet.
- The minutes for the October meeting were approved as printed in the newsletter.
- Debi reported no change in our bank balance of $1,236.51 and it will be filed for audit
- Shirley stated we had 21 members and 1 guest, Robyn Vercoe, present tonight.
- Michelle had 5 door prizes and were won by Christine, Pat, Katrina, Carol and Cathy. She also reported 9 ladies went to the last retreat and she already has 7 deposits for the next retreat, May 16th thru 18th of 2014. The details for the retreats will be in the next newsletter.
- Elisabeth reminded everyone the last workshop for this year will be Sat. Nov. 16th from 9 until about 3 with a pot luck for lunch.
- Janis had the colors and instructions for next month’s B-O-M…….Simplex Star. She also won the 5 B-O-M blocks for November. Nancy showed the group the 4…. 12×12 challenge blocks for November. She also suspended the challenge until next year when we can discuss if we want to continue.
- Shirley made the motion and it was approved by acclamation for the new officers for 2014…..President..Sue Heard, First Vice President , Programs..Grace Norris and Jeri Bush, Second Vice President, Workshops..Janice Overton, Secretary..Margaret Alsup and Treasurer..Barbara Burnaugh.
- Elisabeth stated she would like to create a display of miniature quilts at the Grand Prairie Library for the holiday season. She asked for everyone who wants to participate to bring any of your miniature quilts ( not just holiday ) to the December meeting and she will return them at the January meeting.
- Grace and Jeri had a questionnaire for us to fill out for suggestions for next year’s programs….something you are interested in.
- Nancy Conner, Sue Taylor and Grace are planning to attend the next TAQG meeting with Programs as the subject.
- Shirley reminded everyone about the Craft Fair this Sat. Nov. 9th here at the Church from 9 to 3:30.
- Several ladies had items for Show & Tell…Shara, Katrina, Sue H., Nancy C., Christine, Elisabeth and Michelle.
- Program…Janis and Nancy had several quilt related games for us to play…brain teasers. Good fun.
- The December meeting will be our pot-luck dinner and gift exchange. Also we need to bring canned goods to donate to the Food & Clothing Coop.
- Meeting adjourned.
DECEMBER MEETING PROGRAM
Our December meeting is always a lot of fun. We start out with a potluck dinner – everyone should bring a potluck dish and officers should bring drinks. We bring non-perishables for the Grand Prairie Food and Clothing Co-Op (please no expired food) – they will accept toilet tissue, kleenex, and laundry detergent, but at this time of year, they are really looking for canned meats, canned vegetables, etc. After dinner we will have our business meeting which includes the perfect attendance award as well as the installation of officers for next year. Our program will be a gift exchange. Everyone should bring a NEW, wrapped sewing/quilting related item worth $10. We’ll play a game and everyone will have a great time. If you cannot think of something to buy, gift cards to JoAnn’s are always a nice gift. Hint: use your coupons from JoAnn’s and make your $10 gift go further.
DECEMBER BLOCK PARTY
Pattern in on page 3 of the newsletter.