Get the latest newsletter on PDF by clicking the image above.
(If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it here.)
NEXT MEETING: MAY 2, 2011
DOOR PRIZES: If your last name begins with S, V or A please bring a door prize to the September meeting and give it to Jeri Bush This is a voluntary effort, but most of us like to receive a door prize and we hope everyone will participate. Please bring only quilting related items such as: Quilting Notions, fat quarters, triangle paper, magnetic pin holders, scissors, Pigma pens, etc.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEETING
- Name tag
- Door prizes for S, V or A
- Block party block and Just One Star Block
Happy spring to everyone!!
The bluebonnets are blooming, the trees are budding, grass is growing (unfortunately, so are the weeds-guess we have to deal with the ugly to appreciate the beautiful). I love all the beautiful things God put on this earth for us to enjoy. We need to remember to stop and appreciate all the lovely things in the mist of our everyday life. Looking forward to the retreat with lots of sewing, eating and friendship. See ya soon.
Sue Heard … May 16
Our next workshop will be on Saturday, July 9th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church. We will be working on the pattern by Heather Mulder Peterson called “Around the Corner”. If you are interested in participating in the workshop, I will have a sign up sheet available at the May meeting. The cost of the pattern is $8.50 and you’ll need to pay me when you sign up.
We’ll plan to have a potluck lunch that day, as well.
SYLVIA’S BRIDAL SAMPLER
The blocks for the next meeting (May 25th) are Children’s Delight, Grandmother’s Flower Garden, Crow’s Foot. Even if you are not doing Sylvia’s Quilt, you can still come to the stitch group and do bindings, other hand work or another project that you are working on. We meet the 4th Monday of each month from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at The Woods United Methodist Church on Bardin Road (just west of Robinson).
I’m excited to announce that our guest speaker for the May 2 program is Sam Winover from Two Sisters Quilting. Her program will be “Templates, A Quilter’s Best Friend”. It will be a show and tell and how to for several projects. She will bring products and fabrics to sell, so bring $$ in case you see something you can’t live without! She plans to have special pricing for us.
Sam is owner of an online quilt shop – check it out at http://www.twosistersquilting.com. She travels to most of the quilt shows and you may have seen her at one of the shows.
Bring your friends and join us May 2.
Beginning balance … 1594.39
Ending balance … 1594.39
- The meeting was called to order by President Marty Staten at 7 PM with 16 members present.
- The minutes of the March meeting were approved as printed in the newsletter.
- The treasurer’s report shows we have a balance of $1,594.39 with no activity this month.
- We have one birthday this month – Elisabeth – who picked her fat quarter.
- Michelle reported that we will be having another workshop but the date is not set at this time. Michelle also announced that there are 2 spaces now available for the retreat. Anyone who wants to go should give her the $40 deposit immediately. Michelle collected the star blocks which she challenged us last month to make for the quilts for veterans and announced we turned in 32 blocks.
- Door Prizes were won by Jane, Carol, and Elisabeth.
- Several members brought show & tell. Those sharing were Nancy, Barbara, Janis, Margaret, and Marty.
- Our program next month will be brought by Sam Winover from Two Sisters Quilting. The program will be ‘Templates – A Quilter’s Best Friend’. She will also have products for sale at a special guild price including bolt ends for $6 a yard.
- Shirley brought a very interesting program on Feed Sacks and Feed Sack Quilts.
- Meeting Adjourned.
MAY BLOCK PARTY
Pattern was not available at press time.
We have had a couple of spots become available for our retreat on May 13th – 15th. If you are interested in going, I need your $40 deposit absolutely no later than the guild meeting on May 2nd. The cost for the weekend is $40 per night plus tax plus your food. We always have a great weekend of sewing, eating, and shopping!
Thanks to everyone who turned in blocks for the Just One Star Moda Challenge. We collected 33 blocks for Moda to make into quilts for soldiers. Each quilt takes 18 blocks, so we had enough for almost 2 quilts. Also, thanks to Marty for donating the postage to send the blocks to Moda.