(If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it here.)
NEXT MEETING: OCTOBER 1, 2018
WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEETING
- Name tag
- Block party block #10
- Door prizes for H or L
- Pam Landrum … October 15
- Shara Hill-Scheibner … October 17
- Natalie Wilson … October 23
- Cathy Mullin … October 27
- Christine Blanton … October 28
Hard to believe it’s almost October! Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas are all around the corner. It’s almost time to think about 2019. Have you accomplished all of your 2018 sewing/quilting goals? Did you learn something new? Did you go to quilt shows? Take classes? Go on a retreat? Meet new people and make new friends doing something sewing related? If you answered “no” to these questions, you still have time in 2018. Or, if not, start making your plans for 2019 now.
Happy quilting. See you on October 1st.
Barbara Calderon from Quilting Around in Weatherford will present the October program. She will have a trunk show and demo the Strip Tube Ruler. I have asked her to bring goodies from the quilt shop, so bring $$ to buy something you can’t live without! I have never used that ruler to make a quilt, so I am looking forward to the demo. Quilting Around is one of my favorite quilt shops. They have lots of Jinny Beyer fabric, Stonehenge fabric, and lots of other great fabrics.
If you have made a quilt using the Strip Tube ruler, please bring it for our special show and tell.
See you October 1.
- Meeting called to order
- President welcomed group to meeting
- Approve Guild minutes as in the newsletter
- Approve Treasurer’s report as in the newsletter
Filed for audit
- Approve Treasurer’s report as in the newsletter
- Holli, Lillie, Margaret, Evelyn
- Margaret is having some health issues
- By-laws meeting last Tuesday
- members in attendance 28
- Failure to wear a name tag will result in a $.50 fine
- Items for the newsletter should be submitted to Paco By the 10th of the month
- Newsletter coming from email@example.com (Francisco=Paco)
- Newsletter items can be sent to Paco or Michelle
- Block of the Month
- Moda Be My Neighbor
- Members shared the blocks they made
- Next month block 10
- Call Christine if you have any questions on directions
- Next workshop 9/15 9:00 – 3:00
- Brown Bag lunch
- Stitch group
- Stitch group is moved to First Presbyterian Church.
- Next gathering will be 9/27 9:00 – 3:00
- Bring your own lunch
- Door Prizes: Joanne, Eula, Janis
- Old business: None
- New business:
- Christine requested tiny plastic thread spools if anyone has extra
- 9/19-9/21 fabric sale at Angels-N-More and another one 9/19-9/20
- Grace asked if anyone saves tiny scraps – she has some to donate – Janice will take them
- Show & Tell
- 11 members shared their quilt projects
- Next month will be guest speaker – Barbara from Quilting Around. She will do demo and trunk show
- Tonight is School House
- Grace, Debi, Paco, and Sue are presenting
- Be sure to wear a name tag at our meetings. If you don’t wear a name tag, you will be charged 50 cents each time.
- Articles for the newsletter are due by the 10th of the month. Any articles not received by the 10th of the month may or may not get published in that month’s newsletter.
- The newsletter is published monthly usually within 10 days of the meeting date (first Monday of each month). You will receive an e-mail with a link to the website (qgogp.wordpress.com). All previous newsletters are archived on our website. You may also go to our Facebook page. Our newsletter link is posted there monthly. If, at any time, you cannot find your newsletter or have deleted the e-mail with the link, you could do an internet search for “quilter’s guild of grand prairie” to find our website.
- If you have a question about a program, a workshop, or the block of the month, be sure to contact the person(s) in charge of whatever you have a question about. The names, phone numbers and e-mails are all listed in the newsletter.
- Please silence your cell phone during our meetings.
BLOCK OF THE MONTH
The 2018 Block Party will follow a program from Moda that provided 16 “blueprint” block patterns that comprise the Moda Be My Neighbor quilt.
Quilt Guild members should have received an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org (Francisco Rodriguez) or email@example.com with the quilt’s fabric requirements and layout as well as the pattern for the second block.
The patterns and instructions are freely available on the web and will also be posted in the Guild’s website.
The blueprints are rendered in gray-scale to allow everyone to color their neighborhood using a wide variety of fabric and color choices. These are very scrappy blocks — mix your favorite fabric and colors to create your colorful neighborhood. There are 16 blocks in the quilt top. The quilt top measures 68 inches by 84 1/2 inches.
If you have any questions, please contact Christine.
- Beginning balance … $1,533.12
- No deposits or expenditures
- Ending balance … $1,533.12