Get the latest newsletter on PDF by clicking the image above.
(If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it here.)
NEXT MEETING: SEPTEMBER 2, 2013
WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEETING
- Name tag
- Block party block
- Door prizes for names beginning with B, C
Lillie Martinez … September 14
Margaret Alsup … September 23
Wow I can’t believe we are in to September already. Personally, I’m glad the hot summer is coming to an end. I know we still have some hot days coming but cooler days and nights are just around the corner. This is the time of the year to start getting ready for some fall quilting projects. There are some really cute Halloween wall hanging projects and of course Thanksgiving table runners. Some of the fall fabrics are just gorgeous. Have fun with your projects.
See you in September. Happy quilting!
- The meeting was called to order by Jane, who is recovering slowly from her recent foot surgery.
- We have a lot of birthdays for August…Marty, Ruth, Lauren, Nancy Conner, Judy Meador, Katrina and Linda.
- The minutes from the July meeting were approved as written in the newsletter.
- The treasurer’s report with an ending balance of $1,245.71 will be filed for audit. We had a beginning balance of $1,245.71 with $212.00 from the auction deposited and then a check for the same amount was sent to the G.P. Food Co-op. We also donated 167 lbs. of food to the Co-op. Marty explained that the money donated would be used for whatever was most needed at this time.
- We had 23 members present at the meeting.
- Michelle had 6 door prizes for the meeting and also 2 free tickets to the Quilt show in Sulphur Springs. Winners were: Lauren, Margaret, Janice Overton, Nancy Mills-Dickens, Nancy Conner and Cathy Mullin. Kathleen Poole got the 2 tickets to the quilt show. Michelle reminded everyone the next retreat will be on Oct. 18, 19 & 20th and she needs your deposit if you are planning to go.
- Workshop…The second part of the workshop was on July 27th to finish the quilts. Elisabeth, Michelle, Sue Heard, Lauren (& her mother’s), Tori & Janice Overton showed their quilts made from a Tulip pattern. Elisabeth may have one more workshop this year….details later.
- There were 16 blocks made for the Block-of-the-Month with Janice Overton winning them. Janis had the pattern and colors for next month’s block…..Practical Orchard II. She also had the instructions for the I-Spy quilt. If you participating, you will need to bring 50..5” blocks to the September meeting. All the blocks will be placed on a table & then everyone gets to choose 50 different pieces to put into their quilts.Michelle read a very nice “Thank You” note from the Church thanking the guild for the wall-hanging we donated.
- Sue Taylor reported that the TAQG’s Rally Day held in July has had a financial loss for 2 years in a row. Community service is to be the topic for the next TAQG meeting. The next Rally Day event will be held next July 12th.
- Show & Tell…Several ladies had items to show tonight. Grace, Sue Heard, Nancy Conner, Michelle, Janis, Barbara, Lauren, Tori, Jeri and Margaret.
- Nancy Conner stated next month’s program will be “Passing the Love of Quilting to Children Through Literature.”
- Tonight’s program…Make & Take pincushions to attach to your sewing machine.
- Meeting adjourned.
- For our September meeting, Nancy Conner will present the program, “Passing Along the Love of Quilting Through Children’s Literature”. Be sure to join us on Labor Day!
12 x 12 CHALLENGE
Don’t forget that the next 12 x 12 block will be shown at the September meeting. Jeri picked the theme and it will be “Purple Passion”. Blocks should measure 12 x12 inches and be finished — quilted, bound, etc. They should also be your interpretation of the theme.
This was a project begun by several quilters. You can see their blocks at this web site: http://www.twelveby12.org
SEPTEMBER BLOCK PARTY
Pattern in on page 3 of the newsletter.