(If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it here.)
NEXT MEETING: JANUARY 7, 2019
WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEETING
- Name tag
- January B-O-M
- Door prizes for O, P and R
- F. Rodriguez … January 12
- Jane Lamb … January 16
- Becky Petross … January 20
- Patsy Martin … January 23
- Bethany Evans … January 27
- Carrie Stanford … January 25
Wow! It’s December 2018! This year has flown by! We have had great workshops in 2018, great programs in 2018 and donated quite a few things to charity in 2018. We had a fun 25th birthday party in July and December always brings a fun Christmas party. We have had members return after an absence and we have made friends with new members. We have had fun with the Be My Neighbor block of the month – lots of interest late in the year! A few of you are still in the running for the Perfect Attendance Award and that’s great! My 2 years as president is over in December, and I have appreciated your support. I look forward to 2019!
The program for January will be on color. We will talk about color in quilts. Bring a quilt that you made because of the color – perhaps you saw it as a kit and thought I must make this because of the color, or perhaps you made a pattern and used colors that were your favorites.
See you January 7th!
- Meeting called to order
- President welcomed group to meeting
- Lauren prayed over the meeting and the meal
- Correction of the October minutes
- Amount donated to church from stitch group was incorrectly reported – correct donation was $115
- Approve Treasurer’s report as in the newsletter
- Filed for audit
- Shirley L., Michelle, Joanne
- Joanne Grant was in a car accident, she spent a few days in the hospital. She is home now.
- Randy Jenkins, Christine’s brother-in-law, completed his last week of radiation for his brain tumor
- Carrie is having twin daughters! Due June 6th
- There is a new quilt shop Rosebud, TX – Fabric Barn
- The quilt shop in Italy is closing soon
- The speaker’s forum was held – there were approximately 35 vendors, quilts were shown, and there were demos
- 33 members in attendance
- 8 people had perfect attendance in 2018 – winner of the 2019 membership is Paco
- Failure to wear a name tag will result in a $.50 fine
- Items for the newsletter should be submitted to Paco by the 10th of the month
- Reminder: Each member can send one free e-mail blast or one free ad in the newsletter annually. Contact Paco for more information.
- Block of the Month
- Moda Be My Neighbor
- Members shared the blocks they made
- Seven people attended the 12/1/18 workshop
- 1st workshop in 2019 is planned to be a Barn Quilt. Home Depot sells 2’ x 2’ boards great for this project
- Stitch group
- Will restart in January
- Door Prizes
- Old business
- New business:
- Church-Use Gift
- The guild gave the church $250 for use of the building last year. Grace made motion to give $250 to church for use of the building; Sue 2nd the motion. No discussion. Motion carries
- Audit Committee
- Holli, Elisabeth, and Debi volunteered for the audit committee
- Audit to be completed in January 2019
- Outgoing President
- 30 quilt blocks presented to Michelle as thanks for her service as guild president for the past two years
- Installation of officers
- Grace inducted the 2019 officers, Shirley L., Michelle, Jane, Sue, and Debi
- Introduction of new committee chairs
- Membership – Jeri
- Newsletter – Paco
- Hospitality – Ann
- Stitch Group – Grace
- Door Prizes – Barbara B.
- Block Party – Elisabeth
- TAQG – Katrina
- Parliamentarian – Sue
- 2019 Block Party
- January – bring 12” block of your choice using snowy whites and blues – will have drawing for blocks
- Church-Use Gift
- Gift exchange
- Be sure to wear a name tag at our meetings. If you don’t wear a name tag, you will be charged 50 cents each time.
- Articles for the newsletter are due by the 10th of the month. Any articles not received by the 10th of the month may or may not get published in that month’s newsletter.
- The newsletter is published monthly usually within 10 days of the meeting date (first Monday of each month). You will receive an e-mail with a link to the website (qgogp.wordpress.com). All previous newsletters are archived on our website. You may also go to our Facebook page. Our newsletter link is posted there monthly. If, at any time, you cannot find your newsletter or have deleted the e-mail with the link, you could do an internet search for “quilter’s guild of grand prairie” to find our website.
- If you have a question about a program, a workshop, or the block of the month, be sure to contact the person(s) in charge of whatever you have a question about. The names, phone numbers and e-mails are all listed in the newsletter.
- Please silence your cell phone during our meetings.
BLOCK OF THE MONTH
For January, we’ll hold a raffle of blocks. Please make a 12-inch, snowflake-themed block(s) in whites and blues. For each block you bring, you’ll get a chance to win all the blocks. If we get a great response, I may divide the blocks into 2 batches.
Please label each block with your name. If you write your name twice on a piece of paper and pin it to the block, we can tear between the names for our drawing.
Pick a pattern from one of your own books, or try one of these from Quilterscache.com:
BE MY NEIGHBOR BLOCKS
Since we are starting anew with the Block of the Month in 2019, please be sure to bring your blocks 13, 14, 15 and 16 or your finished Be My Neighbor quilt to the January meeting.
Beginning balance … $1,553.12
Ending balance … $1,553.12