(If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it here.)
NEXT MEETING: MAY 7, 2012
WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEETING
- Name tag
- Block party block
- Door prizes for names beginning with R, S, T
What a beautiful day after all the storms. We had a great meeting in April. It was good to see some old friends. We missed folks that were not able to make. Great program on the Kansas City Star quilts. Thanks, Shirley. Looking forward to a fun day at our next workshop! It’s always fun to see how everyone’s quilt unfolds and takes on its beauty. See you soon.
- Sue Heard … May 16
Please continue to keep Lillie Martinez in your prayers as she recovers from knee replacement surgery. Also keep Jane Lamb in your prayers as she has surgery scheduled on May 3rd.
Our program on May 7th will be all about thread. If you have a quilt that was quilted using some sort of non-traditional type thread, bring it and tell us about it. Thanks to Shirley for helping me out and telling all about the Kansas City Star quilt blocks at our April meeting.
Elisabeth announced that our next workshop will be on June 9th. It will be a charity workshop. More details to come.
Welcome to former member, Linda Boggus, who came to our April meeting. We hope you’ll come back next month!
Beginning ………. 1428.01
Ending balance ………. 1428.01
- The meeting was called to order by President Jane Lamb and Nancy Conner & Carol Franklin told a little about their backgrounds in quilting/sewing.
- Jane will be having surgery in May and Grace asked we remember former member Joann Grant as her mother is very ill.
- Our only birthday in April is Elisabeth McMahon, and she received her fat quarter and a serenade.
- Marty moved and Barbara seconded that the minutes be approved as printed in the newsletter.
- Debi reported we had one deposit of $15 making our balance $1,428.01. This report will be filed for audit.
- We had a very nice attendance with 16 members and one visitor, Linda Boggus – a former member.
- Door prizes were won by Debi, Marty, and Michelle.
- Michelle reminded us about the retreat in May and will take names for a waiting list. We have 12 registered at this time, but may have someone drop out. She also showed us several items, mainly yarn, that was given to her by a friend. The yarn and other items are for anyone who wants them.
- Elisabeth said that she still has cutting instructions for the workshop to be held April 21st. The workshop will be held at 1st Presbyterian Church from 9 to 3 and we will have pot luck for lunch. Each of us is responsible for our own drink but plates, etc. will be furnished. The next workshop will be on June 9th and those attending will make small quilts for Children’s Medical Center in Dallas.
- There were 13 blocks turned in this month and they were won by Shara.
- Several members brought show and tell items: Elisabeth, Ruth, Barbara, Jeri, Marty, and Wanda.
- Our program next month will be on threads and we are invited to bring any unusual thread we may have at home. Shirley brought our program this month on the Kansas City Star Quilts. At the end of the program, Nancy won the give-away.
When I want to cut several layers of fabric at the same time, I hold them together with binder clips, used for holding papers together. They are not as long as clothespins, so they interfere less.
— Lois Mae E. Kuh, Penfield, NY
We have had a cancellation for the May retreat. If you are interested in going with us to Weatherford May 18-20, please let me know by the time of the May 7 Guild meeting, as I will need your deposit by that time . The cost is $40 plus tax per night for a total of $85.60.
MAY BLOCK PARTY
Pattern is on page 3 of the newsletter.