Get the latest newsletter on PDF by clicking the image above.
(If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it here.)
NEXT MEETING: SEPTEMBER 5, 2011
DOOR PRIZES: If your last name begins with M, N or O please bring a door prize to the September meeting and give it to Jeri Bush. This is a voluntary effort, but most of us like to receive a door prize and we hope everyone will participate. Please bring only quilting related items such as: Quilting Notions, fat quarters, triangle paper, magnetic pin holders, scissors, Pigma pens, etc.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEETING
- Name tag
- Door prizes for M, N or O
Wow ! ! This weather is really testing our patience. The amount of days over 100 is not the record I would like to beat. Think we should set aside a few minutes every morning and pray for rain. Thank goodness we all have air conditioning in our homes and cars so we can still work on our quilt projects. So everyone try to stay cool. Till next month!.
Lillie Martinez … September 14
Margaret Alsup… September 23
September 5 we will work on fleece blankets for the kids at Children’s Hospital in Dallas. I will bring the fleece and instructions, but ask that you bring scissors. The scissors should be regular fabric cutting scissors, not small embroidery scissors. This is a no sew project and everyone should be able to complete at least one blanket at the meeting.
See you Labor Day!
Our next workshop will be on Saturday, August 27th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church. Grace will bring her boxes of strips and we will work on the string quilt blocks for charity quilts. These quilts will be donated by the Guild to charity.
I encourage everyone in the guild to come and participate. You can come for an hour or you can stay the whole time. If you plan to be at the workshop during lunch, we will not have an organized lunch. You can bring your lunch or pick something up.
Beginning balance … 1494.39
Membership … 7.50
GP Food & Clothing donation … 100,00
Birthday dinner … (120.00)
G.P. Food and Clothing … (100.00)
Fleece for charity quilts … (155.14)
Ending balance … 1226.75
- The meeting was called to order by President Marty Staten with 19 current and 1 new member present. We are very happy to have Sue Taylor join the Guild and look forward to getting to know her better.
- The minutes of the July meeting were approved as printed in the newsletter.
- Grace Norris reported we had several transactions in our treasury this past month. The opening balance was $1494.39 with $7.50 dues and $100 from our auction added. Disbursements were $120 for the dinner, $155.14 for fleece for our next meeting, and $100 to Grand Prairie Food & Clothing Co-op (the auction money). Our current balance is $1,226.75.
- Birthdays in August: Joan, Ruth, Marty, Nancy, and Judy.
- Michelle announced the next workshop will be on Saturday, August 27th from 9am to 3pm at First Presbyterian Church. We will work on charity strip quilts and will be responsible for our own lunch. Everyone is welcome to come and stay as long as they can. Our next retreat to be held October 28, 29, 30, still has a few openings. We also had show & tell from our last workshop. Those showing were Michelle, Jeri, Shirley, Debi, and Sue.
- Marty announced that she took 69 pounds of food to the GP Food and Clothing Co-op from our July meeting.
- Door prizes were won by Marty, Nancy, and Janis.
- Show and tell: Jane (baby quilts), Nancy, Janis, Jeri, Elisabeth, and Grace.
- Next month, we will make fleece blankets for charity, so please bring a large pair of scissors. This month, Shirley brought us lots of good tips to use in our quilting which will make things easier for us.
- Following the program, the meeting adjourned.
SEPTEMBER BLOCK PARTY
Pattern is in on page 3 of the newsletter.
Our next retreat is scheduled for October 28, 29, and 30th at Victorian House Retreat in Weatherford. Cost is $40 per night plus tax, which makes it $85.60 for the weekend (plus food). If you are interested in going, please give me you $40 deposit as soon as possible.
Also mark your calendars for the spring retreat, May 18, 19, and 20th, 2012. I will be taking those deposits in December or January.