Get the latest newsletter on PDF by clicking the image above.
(If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it here.)
NEXT MEETING: JUNE 6, 2011
DOOR PRIZES: If your last name begins with B or C please bring a door prize to the September meeting and give it to Jeri Bush This is a voluntary effort, but most of us like to receive a door prize and we hope everyone will participate. Please bring only quilting related items such as: Quilting Notions, fat quarters, triangle paper, magnetic pin holders, scissors, Pigma pens, etc.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEETING
- Name tag
- Door prizes for B or C
- Block party block and Just One Star Block
This afternoon was spent getting my supplies and projects together for the retreat this weekend. Its always fun to get away and just sew,sew,sew and be a part of great friendships that quilting seems to build. If you have never been, plan on attending one of our future retreat…you will be glad you did.
See you at the next meeting and hopefully I will have a show and tell to share.
Grace Norris … June 19
Our next workshop will be Saturday, July 9th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church. We will be making the pattern from Heather Mulder Peterson called “Around the Corner”. If you are interested in participating, please let me know as soon as possible as you will need the pattern which costs $8.50.
What we do for lunch will be determined by the number of people who sign up for the workshop.
SYLVIA’S BRIDAL SAMPLER
It’s been decided that the Stitch-A-Bit Stitch Group will no longer meet on the 4th Monday of each month to work on Sylvia’s Bridal Sampler Quilt (or our own projects). If there is sufficient interest, I will try to set up a Saturday workshop in August or September for people to come and work on their blocks and get feedback or help (or inspiration) from others who are working on the blocks.
I’m excited that we will have a guest speaker for our June 6 meeting. Liza Faust, owner of The English Street Quilter will give a program on color. She will show us how color plays an important part in our quilts. How we place a color in a block or quilt can change the whole look of our project. I’m sure we will pick up some great tips. Bring your friends and come join us!
Beginning balance … 1594.39
Ending balance … 1594.39
- With 17 members and 1 visitor present, Marty called the meeting to order at 7 PM.
- The minutes were approved as printed in the newsletter and filed for audit.
- Grace Norris reported the balance in our account is $1,594.39 with no activity since last month.
- We have one birthday in May, and Sue chose her fat quarter. Marty also reported that Barbara Burnaugh’s birthday is July 31st and it is not listed in the membership roll.
- Michelle reminded everyone to send in their articles for the newsletter before the 10th of the month and also announced the workshop date has been set for July 9th. We will use the pattern “Around the Corner” by Heather Mulder Peterson and $8.50 for the pattern will be due at sign-up. We will also have a potluck lunch that day.
- The Block of the Month drawing was won by Elisabeth.
- Door Prizes were won by Michelle, Sue, and Margaret.
- Nancy and Joan brought quilts to show.
- There being no business tonight, Shirley announced that next month our program will be brought by Liza Faust and will be color placement within our quilts. Shirley then introduced San Winover of Two Sisters Quilting who brought our program on templates for making the X-block, twisting pinwheels, and a non-traditional block.
JUNE BLOCK PARTY
Pattern in on page 3 of the newsletter.
We had a great time at our Spring Retreat! Eleven of us went and sewed, shopped, ate and had lots of fun! Our next retreat has been set for October 28th – 30th, 2011. We will be going back to Victorian House Retreat in Weatherford. The cost is $40 per night plus tax, which makes it $85.60 for the weekend. If you are interested in going, please give me your deposit of $40 at our June Guild meeting. Space is limited to 12 people.