Get the latest newsletter on PDF by clicking the image above.
(If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it here.)
NEXT MEETING: APRIL 5, 2010
DOOR PRIZES: If your last name begins with N, O or R please bring a door prize to the April meeting and give it to Sue Heard This is a voluntary effort, but most of us like to receive a door prize and we hope everyone will participate. Please bring only quilting related items such as: Quilting Notions, fat quarters, triangle paper, magnetic pin holders, scissors, Pigma pens, etc.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEETING
- Name tag
- Door prizes for N, O and R
- Block party block
- Items for the May program (read below)
APRIL SHOW-AND-TELL PHOTOS
Click here to view the album on Facebook.
Sue Heard: May 16
We have switched our May and June programs around. May 3 we will make fleece blankets for Children’s Medical Center in Dallas. No sewing is involved, but we need each of you to bring a pair of scissors. We should be able to get all the blankets done that evening. We have wonderful bright colors of fleece to work with and it should be a fun evening to work on such a worthwhile project.
Remember, we are also making tote bags for Children’s, so bring some for show and tell.
Elisabeth McMahon & Shirley Lewis
The Bust Your Stash Workshop!
The next workshop wil be Saturday, June 5th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church. Everyone participating should bring a potluck dish to share.
We will be busting our stash at this workshop. This will be the perfect time to use that fabric you been saving “just waiting for that perfect pattern.” Or, it could be the perfect time to use up some of your bigger scraps. I will have 2 patterns available at the next meeting for you to choose from. If you have already chosen your pattern, it will be available for you to pick up at the next meeting. Each pattern can be made in multiple sizes. If you don’t have much of a stash, this will be a great reason for you to go purchase some fabric. Hey – wait a minute. We don’t really need a reason to purchase fabric, do we?
Beginning balance: 1661.71
Receipts (dues): 15.00
Disbursements (charity project fabric): (114.72)
Ending balance : 1561.99
- The meeting was called to order by Marty and the minutes of the previous meeting were approved as written in the newsletter.
- Grace gave the treasurer’s report to be the same as last month with a balance of $I,671.00 with the audit in progress as we were meeting.
- We had 15 members in attendance and 2 visitors, Susan and Norma.
- There were no remembrances.
- May’s program will be a store visit.
- Publicity: On the G.P. calendar of events and the Dallas Morning News.
- Next workshop will be June 5th 9 ‘til 3.
- Block of the month was won by Debi and the next month’s block will be “The Chicken”
- We had a number of tote bags for the children made and contributed.
- The retreat is coming up in May and the remaining $40.00 will be due at retreat.
- The audit of the treasurer’s books has been completed and everything was in order.
- Our program was given by Shirley and Elisabeth on precut fabrics, Honey Buns, Jelly Cakes, Turnovers, etc. We had lots of handouts and information. Then we even had show and tell examples of the various fabric groups.
- Meeting adjourned.
MAY BLOCK PARTY
Large Chicken Blocks: Pattern is page 3 and the insert of the newsletter.