Get the latest newsletter on PDF by clicking the image above.
(If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it here.)
NEXT MEETING: APRIL 5, 2010
DOOR PRIZES: If your last name begins with L or M please bring a door prize to the April meeting and give it to Sue Heard This is a voluntary effort, but most of us like to receive a door prize and we hope everyone will participate. Please bring only quilting related items such as: Quilting Notions, fat quarters, triangle paper, magnetic pin holders, scissors, Pigma pens, etc.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEETING
- Name tag
- Door prizes for L and M
- Block party block
- Items for the March program (read below)
MARCH SHOW-AND-TELL PHOTOS
Click here to view the album on Facebook.
Elisabeth McMahon: April 17
I’ll take a honey bun. No, make it a layer cake. Wait, I think I want a turnover. Hmmm… a charm pack maybe? The April program will focus on all the “newer” pre-cut fabric lines. We’ll review specific patterns and books that showcase the pre-cuts. We might have a few surprises too, so come join the fun.
Special show and tell for April: Please bring any projects you’ve made using some of the charm packs, layer cakes, turnovers, etc. If you have patterns featuring charm packs, turnovers, jelly rolls, etc., please bring them to share too. Also bring Easter quilts or projects you’ve made.
Elisabeth McMahon & Shirley Lewis
The Bust Your Stash Workshop!
The next workshop wil be Saturday, June 5th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church. Everyone participating should bring a potluck dish to share.
We will be busting our stash at this workshop. This will be the perfect time to use that fabric you been saving “just waiting for that perfect pattern.” Or, it could be the perfect time to use up some of your bigger scraps. I will have 2 patterns available for you to choose from. Each pattern can be made in multiple sizes. If you don’t have much of a stash, this will be a great reason for you to go purchase some fabric. Hey – wait a minute. We don’t really need a reason to purchase fabric, do we?
Balance pending audit of Guild’s bank account.
- The meeting was called to order and the February minutes were approved as written in the newsletter.
- Treasurer’s report: Balance of $1,671.00 after deposits of$145.00 in dues and disbursement of $200 to the church.
- Remembrances: Debi will have surgery this month. Grace advised that Art Sellevold’s mother passed away.
- Programs: The next program will feature charm squares and jelly rolls.
- Workshop: Michelle reported 9 members attended. Next workshop will be June 5th.
- Block of the Month: 9 blocks were won by Elisabeth.
- Stitch Group: None
- Old Business: None
- New Business: Elisabeth proposed that we make 45″ fleece throws and carry for Children’s Hospital. Grace made the motion that we secure the fabric and make the throws. Motion was seconded and passed. Elisabeth also advised that there was a real need for carry bags for the children to take their personal things around with them. Got fabric, make a bag.
- Retreat: May 14-16
- Show & Tell: Several items were presented for regular Show & Tell. Then the Mystery Quilt tops. Really a good looking group of tops (and one finished quilt!)
- Our program was presented by Elisabeth and Shirley; Coloring Quilts. Using Crayola crayons Shirley gave each of us a block to color. The blocks were ironed to make the color permanent. A really neat project and lots of possible uses.
- Meeting adjourned.
MARCH BLOCK PARTY
Flag Heart: Pattern is page 3 and the insert of the newsletter.