Get the latest newsletter on PDF by clicking the image above.
(If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it here.)
NEXT MEETING: MARCH 1, 2010
DOOR PRIZES: If your last name begins with H and K please bring a door prize to the October meeting and give it to Sue Heard This is a voluntary effort, but most of us like to receive a door prize and we hope everyone will participate. Please bring only quilting related items such as: Quilting Notions, fat quarters, triangle paper, magnetic pin holders, scissors, Pigma pens, etc.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEETING
- Name tag
- Door prizes for H and K
- Block party block
- Items for the March program (read below)
FEBRUARY SHOW-AND-TELL PHOTOS
Click here to view the album on Facebook.
No birthdays in March
Congratulations to Shara and Joe Scheibner on the birth of their son Thor, on Monday, February 8th. He weighed in at more than 10 lbs. and was 20 1/2 inches long. Congrats to Janis Hill on becoming a grandmother again with Thor!
We quilters use all resources at our disposal to create beautiful quilts. It’s always fun to learn new tricks and techniques to make our creations unique. Using crayons to color quilt blocks or labels is fun and easy. Even if you’ve done this techique before, we may show you a couple new ideas.
Bring the following to the March meeting: Your imagination, Crayola crayons if you have some (don’t go buy any because I will bring some), fabric markers. In addition to your regular show and tell, bring spring or St. Patrick’s day themed items. If you have something you made using crayons, please bring that too.
Elisabeth McMahon & Shirley Lewis
Nine of us participated in the Mystery Quilt Workshop on February 6th. We had lots of fun and did lots of sewing. Be sure to bring what you have completed of the Mystery to the March meeting, even if it’s just a row or two.
Do you have too much fabric? Have you been saving a certain color of fabric or a grouping of fabric that you know you want to make something with it, but you just don’t know what? The next workshop is for you! Our next workshop will be on Saturday, June 5th from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church. This will be a workshop to help you bust your stash or use up some of that fabric you’ve been saving for the “right” project. Watch this space for more details.
Balance pending audit of Guild’s bank account.
- Meeting was called to order and the minutes of the previous meeting were approved as written in the newsletter.
- Treasurer’s Report: Grace gave the treasury report.
Beginning balance $1,359.71
Deposit of dues 348.00
- The disbursement of the $200.00 to the church will be made when the signature has been established at the bank.
- Remembrances: Grace advised that Art Sellevold is doing well but his mother is in the hospital.
- Shirley advised that Friday is Heart Awareness day and that we should wear red as a reminder
- Programs: Shirley advised that our next program will be “coloring” for our quilts.
- Newsletter: Michelle advised that we had received and ad for the entire year from The English Street Quilter
- Stitch Group: None
- Work Shop: Saturday. Feb. 6, 9 to 3 and you should have all your fabric cut and ready to start. No workshops in March or April. The next one may be June 5th
- Retreat: Will be May 14-16,
- Block of the Month: Blocks were won by Grace. Next month will be the “basket”
- There was no old Business.
- Door Prizes: Nancy, Sheila and Grace.
- Show and Tell: Debi, Joan, Jane and Grace shared their projects and then we saw some past projects featuring Valentines Day.
- Our program was brought by Terrie Kelley. She has scribed for the Arlington Quilt Show and gave us a very interesting talk and lots of good information about entering shows.
MARCH BLOCK PARTY
Flag Heart: Pattern is page 3 of the newsletter.